facebook_pixel

Camera Camp for Kids : ) | Chicago Photography Classes

Ok, are you ready for this?!?  We’re busy working out the details right now, but I MUST take a moment to tell you what Jonathan and I have up our sleeves!  Actually, not just Jonathan and I.  Our whole family.  Minus the two year old…

As a former second grade teacher, I’ve dreamt of doing something like this for years.  It hasn’t been the right time up until now, but it is SO FUN to finally have the time to put something like this together!!! : )

We’re still working out many of the details… I’m thinking it will be for one week in mid-June.  Perhaps a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 3 hours each day.

Here’s what we do know so far:

1.  The class will be taught by myself and Jonathan, assisted by our five and six year old.

(no worries… they’re fairly competent teachers… our six year old shoots in manual mode, and our five year old loves a crowd) : )

2.  The registration fee will include your child’s very own new digital camera (not a dslr… but a decent introductory point-and-shoot)

3.  Each child will receive the cutest t-shirt you’ve ever seen, literally.

4.  The kids will learn real photography, taught at their level (they are quite capable, I can assure you!)

5.  This will, quite possibly, be the most fun your kids will have ALL SUMMER LONG.

(just sayin’)

: )

Anyway… get in touch with us (the contact link on the blog) if you’d like to be on our e-mail list for more information as it comes.  We’re hoping to have the rest of the details worked out by mid-March.  How FUN will this be?!?  Aaaauuughhh!!!

And a quick one from this morning.  Cause I LOVE this boy!!!!!!! : )

Have an awesome day!!!

30 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Carla GiannelliFebruary 21, 2012 - 11:42 am

I would love information — my five year old would be interesed in this!! Please keep me posted.ReplyCancel

• Shannon LawrenceFebruary 21, 2012 - 11:53 am

What a great idea! I’d love to learn more about it, as you figure it out!
    Thanks!ReplyCancel

• Ann LeachFebruary 21, 2012 - 12:08 pm

HOW FUN!!!
    Alas, I think Aidan will be too young. But hopefully you’ll do it again next year!!! Excellent idea!ReplyCancel

• LisaFebruary 21, 2012 - 1:48 pm

Ummm…cutest idea that I have heard in a long time!!!!! All I’m saying is Abbey. She will love this!!! Yay!ReplyCancel

• Cheryl MartinFebruary 21, 2012 - 3:58 pm

Keep me updated on the kids classes I’ve got two interested!ReplyCancel

• Deb PocicaFebruary 21, 2012 - 5:48 pm

What ages are you thinking? I know my 12 yo would LOVE it, but is that too old?ReplyCancel

• mhunter93February 23, 2012 - 4:43 pm

My 7 year old would love this. Please keep me posted.ReplyCancel

• Stephanie SchaeferFebruary 24, 2012 - 10:25 am

I would LOVE more info on this!! My girls will be 5 and 7 this summer and would have so much fun – yay!!ReplyCancel

• Maggie @ Midwestern {Sewing} GirlFebruary 24, 2012 - 10:38 am

Oh my heck…Kate & Gray would looooove this…please keep me updated, sweet face!ReplyCancel

• Kristen GramignaFebruary 24, 2012 - 11:55 am

I would love information about the camera camp for kids. My 12 year old and 7 year old both have interest. Let me know what ages you are thinking and definitely send me information as you get more details. Have a great day!ReplyCancel

• erin olsonFebruary 24, 2012 - 12:19 pm

i would love info on this for my girls:)ReplyCancel

• Mimi MarinFebruary 24, 2012 - 12:57 pm

My 11 year old daugther wuold love this but same question as Deb above, are you targeting a younger group?ReplyCancel

• Angela MarinoFebruary 24, 2012 - 2:46 pm

My 8 year old would love this. I would love to be updated as you get more information.ReplyCancel

• Mary Kate DempseyFebruary 25, 2012 - 6:45 pm

Amy, I have a few kids that may be interested (Maeve, Jack, & Eamon), but also wondering about the age range. Awesome idea! LOVE!ReplyCancel

• LeslieFebruary 26, 2012 - 3:28 pm

Please keep me posted about this. Thank you!ReplyCancel

• dorothy cameronFebruary 26, 2012 - 8:57 pm

i have a 7 and 8 year old and are looking for classes this summer or on satursdayReplyCancel

• Kelly HenriksonFebruary 26, 2012 - 11:17 pm

My 12 year old is really interested in this class.

I think my 4 almost 5 year old would be interested as well. :)ReplyCancel

• Reina FernandezMarch 12, 2012 - 8:34 pm

I think my 13 yr old would love this. I’m an avid scrapbooker and he’s always giving me points on what to shoot.ReplyCancel

• Sara HenryMarch 16, 2012 - 10:30 pm

Great idea! I’d love to hear more about your plans — thanks!ReplyCancel

• Daniel SmeltzerMarch 17, 2012 - 3:19 pm

I think all my kids would be interested, but the 1 year old should probably stay home. Our ages are 4, 6, and 9. More info please!ReplyCancel

• amyphotographyMarch 23, 2012 - 2:10 pm

Hi everyone! We’ll be announcing all the details for camera camp shortly! In the meantime, we wanted to give you a few details for planning purposes since we now how busy summer schedules can become! Camera camp will run on June 11th, 13th, and 15th. There will be two classes offered: 9am-11:30am will be for 5-8 year-olds and 1:30pm-4pm will be for 9-12 year-olds. Again – look for more details and registration info in an upcoming blog post! :)ReplyCancel

• JoanMarch 23, 2012 - 5:13 pm

Sounds wonderful! I’m anxiously awaiting the details!!ReplyCancel

• Jackie EckholmApril 28, 2012 - 4:28 pm

I would be interested in the Children’s Photography Camp. Please keep me posted on this event. Thank you.ReplyCancel

• AlyssaJune 19, 2012 - 8:32 am

Hey my name is Alyssa Im 13. Im very intersed and something like this can u keep me post on this and send prices.ReplyCancel

• deeJanuary 5, 2013 - 8:57 am

Wow! Great idea… we can’t’ wait to hear more about the camp!ReplyCancel

• Bridget SierackeMarch 17, 2013 - 7:10 pm

Those dates sound perfect, please forward any information regarding the afternoon class for 9-12 year olds! We have been looking for a class for our 11 year old, so I hope this works out :)

Thank you!ReplyCancel

• Marvis DonalsonMay 1, 2013 - 1:50 am

Please let me know when you have the dates of the summer photography camp for kids. I am trying to plan around other summer camps and I would like to do this camp again. My 8 yr old did this camp last year.ReplyCancel

• Amy Tripple PhotographyMay 1, 2013 - 4:41 pm

Hi Marvis – thanks for reaching out again! We have decided not to offer Camera Camp this summer, but perhaps we’ll bring it back next year. -JonathanReplyCancel

• Kelly WiedemanMay 16, 2013 - 8:09 pm

hi there…can I get more info on the kids photography camp…my 8 year old daughter loves to take pictures…as do I but I dont think I’d be a good teacher for her.ReplyCancel

• Vania DossAugust 22, 2013 - 11:42 am

My 13 year old daughter is very interested in photography and I would love to get her some instruction. Please let me know if you will be holding a fall session. She is looking to attend the Chicago High of the Arts and wants to begin now working on her portfolio.ReplyCancel

Welcome to the blog,
where we try to keep it
fresh, beautiful,
but most of all... real.

Receive friendly blog posts and beautiful newsletters via email:

Menu